When I think of Munich, I think of summer time, elegant ladies sitting in street cafes drinking local beer from one liter beer mugs and hansome, tall Germans with strongly underlined jaws in traditional “Lederhosen”. Yes, Munich is definitely a place to be, a city that offers everything your heart might desire: extensive bicycle roads, lot’s of sport activities, great shopping, delicious food, lovely cafes and clubs, friendly people and a long list of monuments and tourist attractions to visit.
Watch full movie from my trip on www.facebook.com/thebrunetteabroad
Here’s a list of 5 things you should definitely see, if you visit Munich for only 2 days:
1. Marienplatz – this is the city’s main and central square, which is not so far away from the main railway station (but you can take the underground metro too and go directly to this place). At Marienplatz you’ll find the town hall, the Marian column, and other great architectural sights close by.
2. Englischer Garten – I really enjoyed this place with my friends! My dog was very happy to rest in the shadow and cool down in the river. You can spend time in the beautiful green area, the Japanese teahouse, Chinese beer garden or go surfing in the artificial stream with the wave generator!
3. Hofbräuhaus München – If you want to eat some real traditional German food and drink some real good German beer on your journey, then the Hofbräuhaus München beerhall is the place to go. Popular with tourists and locals, you can’t go wrong.
4. Nymphenburg Palace – here in this area you will find stunning surrounding gardens and is a sight not to be missed when you’re wandering the city!
5. Munich nightlife – there is certainly enough clubs, restaurants and bars in this gorgeous city to choose a different one on every weekend, but we really enjoyed one of the best clubs in Munich – P1 Club and Bar 089 until the morning sun rise 🙂 It was lovely!